RV Bearing Repack Service
Are you looking for a reliable and affordable solution for your RV bearing Repacking? Look no further than MasterCraft's RV Center!
Bearing repacking issues are one of the most common issues that keep people from enjoying a peaceful night under the stars!
RV bearings are a crucial component of your RV's suspension system, and keeping them in good condition is essential for a safe and comfortable travel experience. Over time, the grease in your bearings can break down, causing friction and heat buildup that can lead to premature wear and even bearing failure. That's where our expert RV service team comes in.
Our RV bearing repacking service includes a thorough inspection of your bearings to check for any signs of wear or damage. We'll remove your wheels, clean your bearings, inspect the races and seals, and repack them with fresh, high-quality grease. We use only the best products and techniques to ensure that your bearings are properly lubricated and protected from future damage.
With our RV bearing repacking service, you can rest assured that your RV will be in good hands. Our technicians have years of experience and training, and we take pride in providing top-notch service to all of our customers. Plus, our prices are competitive and affordable, so you don't have to break the bank to keep your RV running smoothly.
Don't wait until it's too late - schedule your RV bearing repacking service today and give your RV the care it deserves. Use the form on the right to contact us.
Here are a couple pictures of blowouts that are caused by not repacking the bearings:
RV Bearing Repacking Info:
With your travel trailer or fifth wheel, there’s a lot to consider when it comes to routine maintenance. And one part that takes on a large amount of abuse and wear is your wheel bearings.
Over time, bearings will eventually break down -- but you can significantly extend their lifespan through repacking. This process involves the removal of the wheel in order to clean and add grease to the bearing.
Here’s a rundown of what bearings do, when and how often they need to be repacked, and why repacking should be an important part of regular RV maintenance.
What Do RV Bearings Do?
Your RV bearings are located inside the hub of your RV wheels, and are composed of a set of steel balls held together by a metal ring.
They allow the wheels to spin properly without any issue by providing friction-free movement and contribute to smooth steering at both low and high speeds. Bearings also support the entire weight of your RV as you travel.
So if your bearings aren’t working properly, the wheels could seize up and leave you stranded on the road.
How To Tell If Your Bearings Need To Be Repacked
Even without removing your tires or doing a manual inspection, there are some easy signs that will tell you when your bearings need to be replaced. This includes:
- Steering Abnormalities: Your RV bearings play a crucial part in smooth steering. So if you feel that your RV is consistently veering towards just one direction or when there is excessive play in your steering wheel (such as when your steering wheel can be moved back and forth with your hands, but the vehicle is not steering) -- then it’s likely that your bearings are in need of repacking.
- Screeching Sounds: Bearings will often create unnatural sounds that, depending on speed, often indicate that something is wrong. Be on the look out for high-pitched screeching sounds, or even a grinding or roaring sounds when your RV’s wheels are in motion. This is a clear indication that your bearings need to be repacked.
- Tire Movement: You can also tell that your bearings need repacking by checking the movement of your tires. If you hold your tire with both hands and can move it up and down more than normal, this is a clear sign of uneven wearing which requires repacking.
How Often Should RV Wheel Bearings Be Repacked?
How often you should repack your wheel bearings depends on the size of your RV.
For larger RVs : (Fifth Wheels, Motorhomes) you should have your wheel bearings repacked at least once a year or every 10,000 miles.
For smaller RVs:(Travel Trailers, Tent Trailers) repacking needs to be done every 2000 miles. This is because smaller wheels spin faster -- which means more stress is put on the bearings causing it to wear down faster.
Even if your RV isn’t used for extended trips, it’s still recommended to have the bearings repacked at least once a year. Leaving RV components to sit for long periods of time without maintenance will also cause them to wear down for lack of grease.
Benefits Of Dealership vs. DIY Bearing Repacking
Like most RV maintenance work, repacking involves a lot of moving vehicle parts -- but with a trained professional, bearing repacking will make the difficult task a breeze.
Here are a few benefits that using a dealership has to offer:
- Avoid Unnecessary Parts Wear: When not done properly, DIY repacking can wear down the bearings even more than they should, which could cause further damage over time. But a trained professional with the proper tools and knowledge can quickly and efficiently perform the service without any risk of fault.
- Protect Your Warranty: Depending on your policy, your RV’s warranty could be voided unless any kind of maintenance work is performed by a recognized dealership service.Bringing your RV to a professional service will ensure that the repacking is properly performed and up to industry-standard requirements.
- Detect Problems Early: An untrained eye may not be able to catch wheel bearing issues until it’s already at its worst point. Regular professional repacking at least once a year can help you identify issues as soon as possible, so they can be fixed right away.
Keeping your RV in tip-top shape depends on the regular maintenance of its components -- and wheel bearings are one important part that should never be overlooked.
If you are overdue for RV bearing repacking, let us handle the work for you. Our trained technicians will ensure you receive speedy and efficient service at an affordable cost.